Thursday, December 27, 2012

My doc tested me for a vitamin d deficiency, what are the symptoms?

Q. Obviously havent gotten the test results back yet. Vitamin D is the one supplement I dont take but I do take a multivitamin. What are the symptoms of a deficiency?

A. In America adolescent girls are at greatest risk for Vit D deficiency. The test is expensive, supplementing is cheap AND NOT DANGEROUS unless you have liver damage or take way too much. Most common symptoms of borderline deficiency are back pain, diffuse and not resolving with exercise or therapy. More common w/ kids living indoors, not much sunshine. limited milk consumption..


Has anyone had experience with Soma plus Aspirin and codeine and Darvacet or ultram at the same time?
Q. I have been in pain for quite a long time. I am going to a Rheumatoligist a few times a month and getting numerous testing done. So far the only thing he has found is that I have a Vitamin D deficiency. I am currently taking Soma plus Aspirin and Codeine and Darvocet. I have been switched to extended release Ultram but have not gotten the script filled yet. The Soma and Darvocet used to work at keeping my pain away but I am now being awakened by it so thats why the switch to the extended release Ultram. I just wanted to know if anyone has taken this combo of meds for long periods of time and if they are now experiencing adverse effects of doing so. I don't want to have to take these meds but so far they are the only ones that don't make my symptoms worse so I really have no choice and I am afraid of the long term effects. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if it helps, I only take them at night before bed, I can't take the meds while at work.
I have had three different doctors plus my pharmacist tell me its ok to take these meds together. The amount of pain that I am in by the end of the day is terrible. I am asleep so I don't get a high off of them and I don't take them during the day. A small part of the pain that I have is stabbing pains in my legs, arms, bottoms of my feet, in my ears and on top of my head. I also have other symptoms but tjis is the worst. There are no other medications that take this pain away enough for me to sleep. I have had to choose the lesser of two evils and take these medications. If I don't take these meds I do not sleep at all. I am just worried about the long term effects of these meds. Also if anyone knows of any other treatments for this severe kind of pain. I would love to stop taking them...but thats not possible until a different treatment is found.

A. I was on all kinds of stuff after a severe ankle operation. You need to go to a pain manager they are great with combining drugs so they interact with each other if you were in chicago i could tell u who to see


Have you been checked for vitamin D deficiency for depression and other symptoms?
Q. Three Weeks ago I was put on 50,000mg of vitamin D weekly because my D level was extreme. I was so depressed that I couldn't get up. I also started taking cod liver oil (fish oil). It is miraculous. My depression is so much better. Have you had your D level checked?

A. YES, about 9 months ago my doctor did some blood work on me and found my vitamin D was hardly traceable. For a year or os i was having a hard time digesting food. WOW, what a difference,There is a lot of help on Yahoo health,go check it out .I did and learned a lot about vitamin D


Can my Vitamin D deficiency be the cause of my tics and uncontrollably movement?
Q. I been going to he doctor sense July which is when my tics started but anyways i've been tested and they said everything was fine with my brain and blood but my vitamin d in tack is low. So i was wondering could that be the problem? Cause i do have uncontrollably movement, tremors and i do have verbal tics. Like yelling or saying something really loud.
No its not tourettes, they said i didnt have those sense it starts when your younger.

A. Calcium cannot absorb without vitamin D. Calcium deficiency (hypocalcemia) symptoms include muscle spasms, tics, tremors. An ionized calcium test is the most accurate to pick up a true deficiency. Calcium - 1000mg a day. Optimal vitamin D levels - 80ng/ml or 200nmol/l. Vitamin D is cruical to activate the immune system, and clinical trials showed vitamin D with calcium reduced cancer rates by 77%. 5000IU of vitamin D a day is recommended. Magnesium is needed for calcium assimulation and a co-factor for vitamin D. Magnesium deficiency also causes tremors and muscle spasms. 500mg of magnesium a day. As your yelling/being more vocal symptoms occured at the same time, it may well be from these deficiencies.

Hypocalcemia>>>
http://www.livestrong.com/article/216472-overall-effects-of-hypocalcemia/

Vitamin D deficiency>>>
http://www.goodhealthwellnessblog.com/194/enough-vitamin-d-3-from-sun-food-think-again/

Magnesium deficiency>>>
http://elektralife.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=68





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment