Sunday, December 23, 2012

Can deficiency of vitamin B cause symptoms similar to angina?

Q. Can deficiency of vitamin B cause symptoms similar to angina?
e.g tingling like feeling at the left arm.

A. Yea long term deficiency of vit B1(thiamine) leads to a condition called "wet beri- beri", which in turn is characterized by symptoms similar to angina( breathlesnes, palpitations).


What is causing my girlfriend to feel like she is going to pass out?
Q. Every so often my girlfriend feels like this, but she told me that she almost got in an accident today and it really is worrying me. She is 23 and healthy (and def not pregnant). This is what she just told me "ok so everything is normal, i get a sudden headache right behind my eyes, feels like a string pulling behind my eyes, my stomach gets very queasy , i could throw up, my vision goes blurry/ i cant focus" and "my head is spinning , i get the feeling i am going to pass out/am falling asleep" all of this extremely sudden. if i move it gets very bad, no turning head/ looking up or down"

Her mother just got diagnosed with a Vitamin B deficiency, but my girlfriend's symptoms don't match with what I have found online concerning that.

Please, if anyone knows I would really appreciate it. She is really stubborn and won't go to the hospital. If she does, what kind of tests should she get done?
Also, she had this happen to her about 4 years ago in college. She had a seizure, was rushed to the hospital and the doctors found nothing. They just told her to eat 3 square meals a day.

A. Well, for one thing... the LAST thing she needs is a secondhand diagnosis on Answers.

Her condition could be caused by any number of things. She needs to see doctor... and the sooner the better... because it's not going to get any better.

I have an idea what it may be, but it would scare the hell out of you if I told you.

Have her see a doctor... seriously.!


Which of the following explains why B vitamin deficiencies lead to lack of energy?
Q. a.)B vitamins are a source of kilocalories
b.) Absorption of carbohydrates and fats is decreased
c.) Oxygen for energy metabolism cannot be transported to the cells
d.) Coenzymes needed for energy metabolism are produced in insufficient amounts

Is it D? Since symptoms of Vitamin B deficiences directly reflect the disturbances of metabolism incurred by a coenzumes

A. Answer d)

Exaplanation:
Vitamin B group vitamins are required as coenzymes for the cytochrome system (electron chain) stage of aerobic respiration when most of the ATP is produced.


How do I convince my parents to take me to the doctor for a vitamin B deficiency test?
Q. My parents don't really take me seriously but I have a lot of the symptoms and I rarely eat meat. I have heart palpitations, fatigue, exhaustion, nervousness, restlessness, tingling in my legs and feet, soreness, crawling sensation in my leg muscles when I sit, and recently my slow word recall has worsened. Also, I run track and I know my shoes fit properly, but when I run my toes become numb. Do you have any suggestions on how I can convince my parents I'm not just making things up?

A. Just tell them you're having all these symptoms, and ask if they'll take you to a doctor. Don't say you want a vitamin b deficiency test. Parents and dr.'s hate it when you diagnose yourself.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment