Sunday, December 16, 2012

What is a list of easily-grown natural foods which will contain all you need to live?

Q. Obviously Bread (grain) is not sufficient, as you will die from scurvy (Vitamin C deficiency) and a lot of other issues.

Say there are no more grocery stores and you need to grow your own food. What will you eat?

EXAMPLE LIST (not a real list, just an example so you understand what I'm asking):
* beans
* peppers
* tomatoes
* rice
* grains
* nuts
* etc.
The Irish ate more than JUST potatoes.

A. If I had to grow my own food I would have:

- Potatoes, onions, carrots (easy to grow, easy to store throughout winter, and potatoes provide carbs without needing to bother with grains which are more of a hassle ie you need a mill etc etc)
- Pumpkin and marrows (VERY easy to grow and also to collect seeds for next season, also provides late autumn vitamin C)
- Fruit trees (which kind would depend on where I was, but for example apples, pears, cherries)
- Garlic (good for you, tastes nice, and also keeps pests off other crops, which since there are no grocery stores in this scenario means there will also be nowhere to buy pesticides)
- Tomatoes (various varieties that can be grown throughout the summer and also lots of nutrients)
- Cabbages (I don't really like them, but it's one of the only ways to get vit C in winter other than stored root vegetables)
- Animals for protein, probably something relatively fecund like guinea pigs/rabbits and also normal pigs (I don't think I could live without bacon). Maybe goats as well, they're pretty hardy and they will eat anything.
- Chickens for eggs (more protein)
- Bees for honey (source of sugar) and also to pollinate the fruit trees
- A cow for milk


is it dangerous to eat more than 1 vitamin c gummies a day?
Q. i eat like 4-6 of them while playing my games
i have had a history of a vitamin c deficiency
they taste good
i just noticed that the directions said eat no more than 2 a day
what are the side effects of eating more?
am i going to get sick?

A. wow does it really say that?

man i love v-c gummies

if it were me i'd eat like 10-15 of them and not even notice anything xD

well if it says no more than 2 you should listen, best not to kill yourself :P

ok well apparently it's not good to overdose yourself. probably can get health problems

"You can threaten your health but taking too many vitamins. Too much Vitamin C, for example, can cause nausea, diarrhea, even kindney stones. Your friends should switch to the regular candy gummies."

you should eat regular gummies if you want to eat gummies instead of snacking on vitamin ones


can i give my baby vitamin c and multivite supplement at 5months old?
Q. my baby is just 5months old and i understand that vitamin c deficiency can cause impare mental growth?

A.


Is it okay to let my cats live in my finished basement?
Q. I have two cats that I love dearly. They are about a year old. I recently moved back with my parents, and my dad does not like cats so I keep them in my finished basement. I spend time with them down there, and make sure they always have human contact, food and water. There is a window that they sit and look out, and I keep the lights on for them. Someone told me that they can die from a Vitamin C deficiency, but they get light down there. Can anyone provide some insight for me. I also don't intend on keeping them down their forever. Just about a year or so. Thanks!

A. Sure. Cats can adapt to almost any living situation.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment