Thursday, December 13, 2012

Is it okay to let my cats live in my finished basement?

Q. I have two cats that I love dearly. They are about a year old. I recently moved back with my parents, and my dad does not like cats so I keep them in my finished basement. I spend time with them down there, and make sure they always have human contact, food and water. There is a window that they sit and look out, and I keep the lights on for them. Someone told me that they can die from a Vitamin C deficiency, but they get light down there. Can anyone provide some insight for me. I also don't intend on keeping them down their forever. Just about a year or so. Thanks!

A. Sure. Cats can adapt to almost any living situation.


If cholestoral is so bad for you, how come the body produces it?
Q. A vitamin C deficiency leads to a breakdown in the arterial walls, due to a lack of repair options. The liver produces cholestoral to plug the cracks, so blood doesn't start leaking through the coronary artery walls. So why is cholestoral considered bad when it's saving your life?

A. You've hit on an important topic, because there is some research coming out now, that seems to indicate our thinking on this has been backward;

it is a MARKER for something bad happening, but it's not actually the CAUSE of the problem.

In other words, yes, high levels in your bloodstream are connected to heart disease, etc., but that doesn't mean it's causative.
So, to take Statins, etc., to cut down on the levels, may be actually harming you.

And you're a bit off on the Vitamin C thing; yes, SCURVY causes the lesions you're talking about, but that is not 'mild' Vitamin C deficiency, that is ACUTE deficiency.
Eating too much saturated fats, and not exercising enough is by far the biggest causes of lesions inside your arteries.

And taking megadoses of Vitamin C has not been proven to help anyone in any way, incidentally.


All of the following statements about nutritional disorders are correct except:?
Q. All of the following statements about nutritional disorders are correct except:
A)Rickets is caused by a vitamin C deficiency.
B) Weak bones are caused by a calcium deficiency.
C) Obesity is caused by over nourishment.
D) Beriberi is caused by a vitamin B1 deficiency.
E) Lack of iodine in the diet affects metabolic rate.

A. A)

Rickets is actually caused by a vitamin D deficiency. A vitamin C deficiency leads to scurvy.


Does sudden yellow teeth indicate a particular vitamin deficiency?
Q. I've been an orange juice junkie my whole life, but I've been without it for a month now and just noticed my bottom teeth are definitely more yellow than before. I'm wondering if the two could be related. Is this a sign of a Vitamin C or some other vitamin deficiency?

A. This is from http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dentistry-966/toddlers-teeth-turning-yellow.htm

says: The yellow color is probably a surface stain. It is certainly not from a nutritional or vitamin deficiency, nor is it a symptom of an illness.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment