Thursday, December 20, 2012

Does sudden yellow teeth indicate a particular vitamin deficiency?

Q. I've been an orange juice junkie my whole life, but I've been without it for a month now and just noticed my bottom teeth are definitely more yellow than before. I'm wondering if the two could be related. Is this a sign of a Vitamin C or some other vitamin deficiency?

A. This is from http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dentistry-966/toddlers-teeth-turning-yellow.htm

says: The yellow color is probably a surface stain. It is certainly not from a nutritional or vitamin deficiency, nor is it a symptom of an illness.


What is the difference between gross deficiency and suboptimal levels of vitamins?
Q. This is about Animal Nutrition.
How do suboptimal vitamin levels symptoms differ from general deficiency symptoms?

A. suboptimal- still functioning, but not healthy
gross deficiency- death, severe disease


How to ask to be tested for a Vitamin D deficiency?
Q. I have a lot of symptoms that match up to those of a Vitamin D deficiency. I am going in to my doctor today, and I want to ask to have this blood test done (numerous other blood tests have been done with no conclusion as to why I feel the way I do). How do I best bring it up? My doctor is...how do I say this, sort of an idiot-but my insurance is military so I cant change at the moment.

Thanks.

A. Vitamin D testing is pretty much standard here in Seattle area where I live but no matter where you live you can be deficient.

Tell him that due to a lack of outdoor activities (or use of high SPF sun screen when outside) you feel like you might be deficient. Tell him that you made a little bit of a research and your symptoms do match those of Vitamin D deficiency; however you are not a doctor and though you came to ask his advise.

If your doctor seems reluctant, just request for the test to be done and if he still refuses, remember you can safely take 2000 - 3000 units a day on your own to see if there is any improvement.


Can vitamin deficiency play a role in erectile dysfunction?
Q. I was curious to know if erectile dysfunction can be caused by, or in part by vitamin deficiency. Does any doctor know anything about this? How common is erectile dysfunction in young men? (25 and under.)

A. Yes and no... ED in younger men is a Symptom of something else... get a check up...


ME!

.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment