Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How do I know if have a vitamin D deficiency?

Q. I eat healthy, but I'm lactose intolerant and can't drink milk or eat most dairy products. Also, I don't spend much time in the sun because my skin is extremely pale and I burn almost instantly. Do I need to take a vitamin D supplement? I'm sure that I don't get enough vitamin D, although I don't have symptoms right now.

A. The only way to know for sure is to do a blood test to check for the levels of vitamin D.It's very important to get vitamin D and the best way to get is to spend at least 15 min daily in the sun.Lots of people are vitamin D deficiant because they don't go outside enough.


I have vitamin d deficiency. How long till I am better and have no more side effects from taking vitamins?
Q. My symptoms are: pale skin, insomnia, fatigue, depression, weak bones, and circle under eyes. I take 1 tablet of 2000iu vitamin d tablets twice a day. My blood work was average 35-100 and i was a 14. Its been 2 days so far and no change besides a slightly better mood. How long of taking my vitamins will I begin to change completely and all symptoms will be gone?

A. It took you a long time to become vitamin D deficient - getting better will not be an overnite miracle.
When your doctor put you on the vitamin d pills/capsules - what did he tell you?
They usually tell you to take something daily until you come back again for your next checkup to see if there's any improvement. Then, he can determine what avenue you should take from there.
It all depends on how severe your deficiency is & your chemical makeup.


After taking too many multivites, I got diarrhea. Am I going to be ok?
Q. I recently started taking the gummy multivites for adults. I have a vitamin D deficiency.
The recommended dose is two gummies a day. I ended up taking like... eight.
So, I have symptoms of overdose I suppose. Including diarrhea and stomach cramps.
I wonder, will I be alright? Will this pass?

A. Sounds like it's already passing. -smirk-
But seriously, yes, this isn't permanent. Just remember to stay hydrated and don't take any more. Multivities are good for you, so they won't kill you. But dont overdose any more. Only take 2 daily, like you were instructed. Your symptoms are just due to the fact your body isn't used to than amount of nutrience. It's trying to get rid of it, since it doesn't know what to do with so much.


Muscle spasms,twitching,pain and aches after suffering from vitamin D deficiency?
Q. Its been 5 months that i have started the supplements but still get all the above symptoms...With excessive fatigue,
Is it just related to my Vitamin D,Is it fibro or is it anxiety..
How do i differentiate between anxiety and fibro
Thanks in advance

A. You better get your doctor to answer this . Fibro is a multitude of deficiencies and sickness combined .





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment