Wednesday, March 20, 2013

How do I know if have a vitamin D deficiency?

Q. I eat healthy, but I'm lactose intolerant and can't drink milk or eat most dairy products. Also, I don't spend much time in the sun because my skin is extremely pale and I burn almost instantly. Do I need to take a vitamin D supplement? I'm sure that I don't get enough vitamin D, although I don't have symptoms right now.

A. Your doctor can run tests for vitamin D as well. When getting a supplement, do get a good quality one and look for a D3 gelcap or pill instead of a D2 formulation. There are brands out there that list D3 in the ingredients list. Good luck.


How do I know if have a vitamin D deficiency?
Q. I eat healthy, but I'm lactose intolerant and can't drink milk or eat most dairy products. Also, I don't spend much time in the sun because my skin is extremely pale and I burn almost instantly. Do I need to take a vitamin D supplement? I'm sure that I don't get enough vitamin D, although I don't have symptoms right now.

A. The only way to know for sure is to do a blood test to check for the levels of vitamin D.It's very important to get vitamin D and the best way to get is to spend at least 15 min daily in the sun.Lots of people are vitamin D deficiant because they don't go outside enough.


What can go wrong with a diet of a 400 cal a day?
Q. I'm trying to hit ketosis. I take a multivitamin daily and a weekly prescription for a Vitamin D deficiency. I know it puts me in starvation mode, but my diet is fulled of nutrients and I'm going to stick with it. But what are symptoms of I guess a Obese Anorexic ? or my diet gone wrong? Is it really bad for an obese person to starve themselves? Because can't they live of the extra fat?

Thanks

A. I'll share my experience with Vitamin d. I was feeling extremely run down, tired, no energy, depression etc and I had always been a get up and go type person with loads of energy and never depressed. My blood test showed my vitamin D level was almost non existant so I started on Vitamin D3. I took five 1,000 IU pills a day for the first 10 days then I took three pills a day for the next 2 months and now I take 1-2 pills every day. With in the first 4-5 days I felt alot better it felt as though the fog had lifted and I could see clearer. Over the next few months I am back to my old self I feel younger again with more energy and enthusiasum for life. I think my Vitamin D levels had gone down over a few years and I was putting my lack of energy and haziness down to getting older but when I began to feel really run down I went to my doctor for some answers. I had every blood test known to man and the only thing that came back as odd or low was the Vit D. Its amazing what the lack of this one vitamin can do to your life. I also now go outside alot more like I did when I was younger and get the original source of Vitamin D from the sun as much as possible. Side effects: absolutely no side effect, except I now feel one million times better. Highly recommended this vitamin. I purchase Vitamin d through reputable http://www.gofmanpharmacy.com/ they've been very reliable so far. Check this FDA link about Vitamin d http://google2.fda.gov/search?client=FDAgov&site=FDAgov-Recalls-Safety|FDAgov-Consumers|FDAgov-WarningLetters-ICECI|FDAgov-ImportAlerts-Industry|FDAgov-MedWatch-Safety|FDAgov-Section-Drugs&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=FDAgov&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_q=vitamin+d&num=20&btnG=Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&restrictBox=FDAgov-Recalls-Safety&restrictBox=FDAgov-Consumers&restrictBox=Medwatch&restrictBox=FDAgov-WarningLetters-ICECI&restrictBox=FDAgov-ImportAlerts-Industry&restrictBox=FDAgov-Section-Drugs&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&sort=date
Hope i helped.


Muscle spasms,twitching,pain and aches after suffering from vitamin D deficiency?
Q. Its been 5 months that i have started the supplements but still get all the above symptoms...With excessive fatigue,
Is it just related to my Vitamin D,Is it fibro or is it anxiety..
How do i differentiate between anxiety and fibro
Thanks in advance

A. You better get your doctor to answer this . Fibro is a multitude of deficiencies and sickness combined .





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment